Sharing below is a recipe taken from my collection (source: Women’s Weekly magazine, February 2012).
Prep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Serves: 2
- 1 lamb rack (with 8 cutlets)
- ½ cup cranberry jam
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- salt to taste
- 375g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- steamed baby carrots and green beans to serve
- Preheat oven at 200°C. Line a small baking dish with baking paper.
- Heat a frying pan over high heat. When hot, sear the lamb rack for 2 – 3 min on all sides without using any oil. Transfer to the baking dish.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine jam and juice. Stir over medium heat until smooth. Lower heat and cook for 3 min until thickened slightly.
- Stir in thyme and season to taste with salt.
- Brush lamb all over with half the orange glaze. Arrange tomatoes around lamb. Drizzle with oil.
- Bake for 15 – 20 min, spooning glaze once over lamb rack.
- Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and set aside for 10 min.
- Reheat remaining glaze and cut lamb into serving portions.
- Serve with roasted tomatoes, steamed carrots and beans, and drizzled with glaze.