Sharing below is a recipe taken from my collection (source: Women’s Weekly magazine, September 2004).
Prep: 10 min Cook: 25 min Serves: 4
- 80ml lemon juice
- 60ml olive oil
- 6 chilli padi, seeded and chopped finely
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 4 pieces chicken legs
- Combine 80ml lemon juice, 60ml olive oil, 6 chopped chilli padi, 2 tsp brown sugar, 1 tsp sweet paprika, 2 crushed garlic, 2 tsp finely chopped rosemary and 2 tsp sea salt in a large bowl or snap-lock resealable plastic bag. Add chicken legs and coat with marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hour or overnight.
- Drain chicken; reserve marinade.
- Make deep diagonal cuts into the fleshy portion of chicken pieces.
- Roast chicken in a moderately hot 180°C oven for about 45 min or until cooked through. Brush with reserved marinade frequently during cooking.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired. Alternatively, you can cook the chicken over a barbecue pit. To keep the flavour, cook the chicken, covered for 25 min or until browned.