Sharing below is a recipe taken from my collection (source: Women’s Weekly magazine, December 2012).
Prep: 15 min Serves: 6
- 400g ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup caster sugar
- 280g thick Greek-style yoghurt
- 150g firm almond nougat, chop finely
- 200g botled Morello cherries, drain
- 350g fresh cherries, for serving
- Line an 11 x 25 cm loaf pan with a strip of foil or baking paper to cover the base and extend over the two long sides.
- Beat the ricotta and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer the ricotta mixture to a large bowl; fold in the yoghurt, then the nougat and Morello cherries.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pan, smooth top. Cover; freeze overnight or until firm.
- Turn out onto a board; slice.
- Stand for at least 15 min or until softened slightly before serving. Decorate with fresh cherries.