Sharing below is a recipe taken from my collection (source: Women’s Weekly magazine).
Prep: 45 min Bake: 15 min Makes: 25
- 3 passion fruits
- 250g butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 80g icing sugar, sifted
- 250g plain flour, sifted
- 75g cornflour, sifted
- 50g plain flour, extra
- 50g icing sugar, extra
- Passion fruit butter cream
- 80g butter, softened
- 110g icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven at 160°C. Line three baking trays with baking paper.
- Remove pulp from the passion fruit; place pulp into a fine sieve and press down with back of spoon. Reserve 1 tbsp juice for the butter cream.
- Beat butter, vanilla and icing sugar with an electric mixer until pale. Stir in combined flours in two batches and then stir in passion fruit pulp.
- With lightly floured hands, roll two level tsp of mixture into balls and place on oven trays about 3 cm apart. Dip fork into extra flour, press biscuits lightly.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 min or until biscuits are pale yellow. Stand biscuits on tray for 5 min then transfer to wire racks to cool.
- To prepare butter cream, beat butter and sugar in a small bowl with an electric mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in reserved passion fruit juice.
- Sandwich biscuits with 1 tsp passion fruit butter cream. Dust with a little extra sifted icing sugar, if desired.