Sharing below is a recipe taken from my collection (source: Women’s Weekly magazine, September 2004).
Prep: 15 min Cook: 25 min
- 3 rashers streaky bacon
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 potato, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 100g fish (use threadfin), cut into cubes
- 100g prawns, shelled and deveined
- 100g shelled clams
- 500ml fresh milk
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- chervil for garnishing (optional)
- Fry 3 bacon till crisp; remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Cut into small, thin strips (about 2 cm long) and set aside.
- Using the same pan and the remaining bacon oil, stir-fry 1 chopped onion and 1 diced carrot for 2 min.
- Add 1 diced potato and stir-fry for 1 min. Add enough water to cover potatoes; cook till tender. Season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add 100g fish, 100g prawns and 100g clams; cook for another 2 min.
- Transfer contents into a microwave-proof pot with a lid.
- Before serving, add 500ml milk and microwave on high for 4 min, making sure the milk doesn’t boil.
- Remove from microwave oven and garnish with cheese, bacon strips and chervil.