Sharing below is a recipe taken from my collection (source: Women’s Weekly magazine, January 2013). The blueberry cheesecake in this recipe is baked in a microwave oven.
Prep: 45 min Bake: 50 min Serves: 8
- 120g digestive biscuits
- 50g butter, melt on medium power for 30 – 40 sec
- 500g cream cheese
- 90g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 200g sour cream
- 100g fresh blueberries
- ½ can blueberry pie filling
- icing sugar, to dust
- Grease and line base and side of a 20cm cake pan.
- Place 120g digestive biscuits in a food processor and process until fine crumbs. Add 50g melted butter and process until combined.
- Press biscuit mixture evenly over base of prepared pan. Level with a spoon. Refrigerate for 30 min or until firm, on the bottom shelf of fridge.
- Preheat oven at 170°C. In the meantime, beat 500g cream cheese and 90g sugar with a cake mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition. Add 2 tbsp corn flour and 200g sour cream, beating until well mixed.
- Pour batter into prepared cake tin. Add on-third fresh berries on top, slowly pushing them into the batter so that they are not exposed.
- Bake in the oven for 48 min. Add 2 mins steam shot in between baking time. Leave to cool in cake pan.
- Decorate cake with blueberry pie filling and remaining fresh berries.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve.