Sharing below is a recipe taken from my collection (source: Singapore Women’s Weekly magazine).
Prep: 10 min Serves: 1 – 2
- 1 pack (300g) soft tofu
- 1 chilli, sliced thinly
- 3 stalks spring onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp deep-fried shallots, for garnishing
- Remove tofu from pack. Rinse gently and slice tofu into 3 cm cubes. Arrange onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle cut chilli and spring onions over tofu.
- Drizzle fish sauce and soy sauce over tofu and set aside.
- Heat the oils in a pan over medium heat till smoking hot. Pour hot oil over tofu and sauces.
- Garnish with deep-fried shallots and serve immediately.