Sharing below is a recipe taken from my collection (source: Singapore Women’s Weekly magazine, Feb 2007).
Prep: 25 min Cook: 15 min Makes: 36 slices
- 175g butter
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/2 cup ground hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts to garnish
- icing sugar to serve (optional)
- Use an electric mixer to cream 175g butter, 1/2 cup icing sugar, 1 cup flour and 1/2 cup cornflour for 3 min or until light and fluffy.
- Fold in 1/2 cup ground hazelnuts until well combined. Chill dough in fridge for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven at 180°C. In the meantime, shape dough into small into small balls and flatten slightly. You can also use a fork to press down on the dough.
- Place cookies 2 cm apart on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts on top. Bake for 15 min.
- Serve with icing sugar (optional).
- The heat from each oven can differ slightly, please adjust the baking timing accordingly so that your cookies will not get burned.