Sharing below is the recipe I adopted from 爱丝特の烘培记录 for my trial.
- 3 earl grey teabags
- 2 tbsp milk
- 140g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 80g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 240g low protein flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Soak 3 earl grey tea leaves in the milk for 30 min.
- In the meantime, mix 140g unsalted butter and salt together, mix well.
- Pour milk mixture into the butter mixture.
- Using a mixer, whisk the mixture into a creamy paste.
- Sift 240g low protein flour and 1/2 tsp baking soda into the creamy paste. Fold in using a spatula.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and leave it in the fridge for 30 min to relax the dough.
- After 30 min, roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter to cut into different shape or you can just divide the dough equally into 20g ball and flatten it to about 5cm in size.
- Put the cookies into preheated oven at 160ºC for 15 min (on second try, I adjusted the timing to 13 min).
- Leave the cookies in the oven for another 10 min after switching of the oven.
- The heat from each oven can differ slightly, please adjust the baking timing accordingly so that your cookies will not get burned.