Sharing below is a recipe taken from my collection (source: Singapore Women’s Weekly magazine, April 2004).
Prep: 20 min Cook: 45 min Makes: 60 slices
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup plain flour, sift
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup whole shelled pistachio nuts
- Beat 3 egg whites in a mixer until stiff peaks form. Add 1/2 cup sugar slowly and continue beating until dissolves.
- Fold in 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup almonds and 1/2 cup pistachios. Pour mixture into a greased pan and bake covered, in a preheated 160°C oven for 35 min.
- Allow to cool then wrap in aluminium foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the biscuit mixture into very thin slices and place them on a baking tray to bake again, uncovered, in a preheated 160°C oven for 10 min or until golden brown.
- The heat from each oven can differ slightly, please adjust the baking timing accordingly so that your biscuits will not get burned.