Sharing below is the recipe I adopted from 多多開伙 for my trial.
- 2 rice cups soya beans (about 240g)
- caster sugar (according to your preference)
- water (moderate)
Left: Preparing to soak the beans. Right: After soaking overnight.
- Soak soya beans in water overnight for about 8 hours. Ensure the water cover the beans.
- The next day, blend the soaked soya beans with enough water to cover the beans using juice mixer. The mixture is ready once the beans have been finely grinded.
- Use a cloth coffee strainer to filter the raw soya bean milk into a large pot/sauce pan. Do another round of filtering using a fine strainer if necessary.
- Place the raw mixture on the stove and cook it over medium heat. Stir constantly to prevent burning.
- Just before removing the boiled soya bean milk from stove, add in sugar according to your preference. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- Leave it to cool before refrigerate, can be serve warm or cold.
- Raw soya bean milk must be boiled before consumption to prevent food poisoning.
- Remember to keep stirring to prevent mixture from getting burned.